If your ooono does not automatically connect when you start driving it may just be a few settings in your phone that needs changing.
Generally, remember to turn on:
- Mobile data
Update app in the background.
Make sure that apps can update in the background. This setting can be found in “settings and general”.
It is very important that Location services are set to “always”. These settings are found under “Settings and anonymity”.
Power and battery management
Android is available in many versions and many different brands of phones. Each Android version and each mobile brand have their own version of power / battery management.
This can be found under settings and may be overall or for each app and may e.g. called something like device management, power management or battery optimization.
Make sure that the “ooono connect” app is NOT subject to power / battery management.
Sometimes the phones may need some cleanup in the settings after updating the operating system – or generally before connecting ooono. Here it is important to follow the order very accurately.
- First, uninstall the app “ooono connect”
- Then RESTART the phone. It’s important to reboot, instead of just turning off and on, as the phone clears old settings at restart. It does not do so if turned off and on.
- Then afterwards the phone must be turned off and on, to be sure it is cleared of everything it had to do with ooono.
- Now turn off the ooono device by holding down the button for approx. 20 seconds until you hear one long beep.
- Download and install the app “ooono connect”.
- Be sure that the “ooono connect” app receives the rights it requests and is ALWAYS allowed to use location.
- If you have Android, add “ooono connect” app to the list of protected apps or allow the “ooono connect” app to ignore battery optimization, depending on which version of Android you have.
- Open the app “ooono connect”.
- Hold down the ooono button for 5-7 seconds until it beeps and flashes, then release the button
Now the phone and ooono should connect after a very short period of time and automatically connect in the future.